The government has announced that it is continuing to provide additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding – provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport – will be allocated directly to primary schools . The money must be used to improve the provision of P.E. and school sport.
We are delighted to be using our sports premium funding in the following ways:-
- Football sessions with a qualified coach
- Offering a range of different sports and dance clubs after school to encourage the involvement of more children
- Buying in quality professional training to improve teaching skills
- Qualified sports coaches, working with our children in lessons and during lunchtimes, allowing our children to experience a broad range of games
- PE Bags to promote physical activities at home