In Year 3, our creative curriculum is topic-based to engage the children and give meaning to their learning. We have a new topic each term and plan a trip or have visitors into school to hook the children into the topic.
Where possible, all areas of the curriculum are linked to the topic theme. Lessons challenge all pupils through a variety of activities, providing opportunities for feedback from adults and peers. As children move into KS2 they are encouraged to be more independent and to be responsible for their belongings and equipment.
Year 3 Routines
- Books are changed as required.
- Children have an indoor and outdoor PE session each week and should have their PE kit in school every day in case days are changed.
- Children in year 3 have road safety lessons from the North Lincolnshire Road Safety Team.
- Children are expected to read at least 4 times a week and record these reads in their reading diary.
- Homework menus are in the front of the children's reading diaries for each half term and children will be able to choose which pieces they complete. Full instructions will be printed in the front of children’s homework books.
- Spellings will be handed out each term and tested weekly.
- Times tables are tested fortnightly.